Question: After connecting my Tempest base station 2-wire PL to a Clear-Com MS-702 main station the wired PL users can't hear the wireless beltpack users and the wireless beltpack users can't hear the wired PL users. What steps should I follow to troubleshoot the issue?
Answer: The connection between the Clear-Com MS-702 Pl main station to the Tempest base station is straight forward but there are some items if not properly set will prevent the 2-wire comms from operating properly from the wireless to wired link. Here are some checklist items to check:
1. Check that the channel in use on the Tempest base (A, B, C or D) is set to 2-wire mode on the base front panel
2. Verify that the front panel 2-wire input / output levels (A, B, C or D) are set to some nominal level and not set to “off”
3. Verify that the front panel intercom slide switch is set to Clear-Com mode
4. Null the Tempest base station two wire IC after it is connected to the MS-702 PL main station
5. Verify that the 3-pin XLR cable is good (no open / cross connected or shorted pins and that pin 1 is not connected to XLR case shell)
6. Verify that the wireless beltpack users are enabled to talk to the proper channel (A, B, C or D)